Frequently asked questions
- Product CareTOP
- How to Care For Your Hardsided Luggage
- Briggs & Riley hardside luggage is made from 100% virgin polycarbonate. Due to the nature of all polycarbonate cases, the bags will naturally receive surface scratches and scuffs during use. These marks are cosmetic and do not impede the functional aspects of the bag. Use these tips to keep your hardside luggage in good condition.
- Storage and Use:
- When your hardside luggage is not in use we suggest you store it in the soft fabric bag provided.
- Be sure to pack your bag properly. Most repairs on polycarbonate cases are due to bags being over-packed or way under-packed.
- Don’t sit on your hardside luggage while waiting in line. Hardside cases are not designed to be a seat.
- Cleaning and Care:
- The polycarbonate exterior can be cleaned with a solution of mild soap and warm water, applied with a soft cloth or wash cloth.
- For Mild Surface Marks:
- Some mild surface marks can be buffed out by using a car wax or car polish.
- For Scuff Marks:
- We recommend using any spot remover or rubbing alcohol. Avoid other chemical cleaners, as they will damage the clear-coat finish and leave a sticky residue. Apply the remover or rubbing alcohol to a soft cloth and gently rub the scuff mark. Remember to treat the scuffed area only, not the entire bag.
- How to Care For Your Fabric Luggage?
- Ballistic nylon and nylon bags which are dirty and/or dusty can easily be cleaned with a soft, damp cloth. For stains we recommend using a mild laundry detergent and warm water. Adhesive lint brush rollers work great to remove lint, fuzz balls and dust as well.
- How should I clean and care for my ballistic and leather bags?
- For leather bags we recommend using leather conditioner to clean, protect, and polish the bag. You should never use any products containing bleach to clean your bag.
- Product TroubleshootingTOP
- How to set your personal Combination Lock on your Torq Luggage?
All Briggs & Riley Torq Spinners come preset with the lock combination 0-0-0 on the Control Panel™. To set your combination:
Step 1: Unlock the zippers by pushing the Slide Release Button, located next to the zipper pulls on the Control Panel™.
Step 2: Zip open the bag, lay it open on a flat surface, and then unzip the u-zip lid pocket.
Step 3: Locate the Lock Access pocket (it’s inside the bag, directly underneath the Control Panel™). Unzip this pocket.
Step 4: Inside the Lock Access pocket, there is a small, square, orange tab. Use your fingers or a pen, pry off this plastic tab and discard it.
Step 5: Once the tab is removed, you’ll see the L-Track Toggle. It looks like a small metal lever.
Step 6: Push this Togghey tle along the L-Track: first over, then up. The Toggle will lock into the new position.
Step 7: Return to the Control Panel™ on the outside of the bag, and set your new 3-digit combination.
Step 8: Go back to the Lock Access pocket and push the Toggle back down. It will easily pop back into place.
Step 9: You have finished setting your lock. Now you can open the main and front compartments with your new personalized combination. Simple as that®.
- How to set your TSA Combination Lock (Styles ACC-W14, ACC-W15)?
Step 1. Set dials to factory preset combination: 0-0-0.
Step 2. Open the lock by pressing down on the rubber button on the side of the lock. The cable tip will be released.
Step 3. With a pen, push the bottom button (1) in the direction of the arrow. Hold it until completing the next step.
Step 4. Turn the dials (2) to your desired personal combination.
Step 5. Release the bottom button (1) and insert the cable tip into the hole.
This cable lock may be opened by Transportation Security Administration (TSA) agents utilizing a secured access device, independent from your personal combination.
- What makes a laptop bag or sleeve checkpoint friendly?
- A laptop bag or laptop sleeve meets checkpoint friendly guidelines if the bag or sleeve provides a clear X-ray image of the laptop computer. In practice, this means that the X-ray image must be clear, without obstruction, from content like power cords or from the bag itself. The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) itself does not designate bags or sleeves as checkpoint friendly, and they reserve the right to request the laptop be removed from any bag at any point in time.
- What does ‘Travel Sentry Approved’ mean?
Travel Sentry® is a leading independent testing and standards organization. The Travel Sentry® Red Diamond mark indicates that the SpeedThru™ laptop sleeve has undergone rigorous testing by Travel Sentry, and is Travel Sentry® approved as checkpoint friendly.
Briggs & Riley’s SpeedThru™ laptop sleeves are the first-ever Travel Sentry® Approved checkpoint friendly laptop sleeves. Used as directed, your laptop can remain in its sleeve during screening. However, screening officers, at their discretion, may request that your laptop be removed for inspection.
- Where can I purchase Briggs & Riley products?
You can purchase Briggs & Riley products on our website. Simply click 'add to cart' on any product detail page you are viewing. Our products are also available at specialty luggage and select department stores.
If you can’t find what you are looking for, please contact our customer care representatives at 1-877-745-3978 or via email at email@example.com.
For International customers with sales inquires or questions, please contact our United Kingdom office at +44 (0) 1491 642 333 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Does Briggs & Riley Offer pricing protection?
Briggs & Riley’s pricing policy for sale items is as follows: promotions are effective only within the dates specified. Price adjustments will not be made for purchases made prior to promotional events, nor will special pricing be offered after the event has ended. Briggs & Riley reserves the right to change pricing without notice at any time.
If you have any questions, please contact our customer care representatives at 1-877-745-3978 or email us at email@example.com.
- Where does Briggs & Riley Online charge sales tax?
- Briggs and Riley charges sales tax for shipments to the following states: CA, FL, GA, IL, NY, TX, and WA. States have varying laws on the reporting of online purchases and the payment of use tax on those purchases. Please check your state’s regulation before you shop.
- What is the Briggs & Riley Domestic shipping policy?
Briggs & Riley Travelware uses FedEx for the shipment of all online orders. We offer the following shipping services in the 48 continental states.
- FedEx Ground Service (shipments from California may take from 1 to 7 days, contingent on delivery address). Please be advised select items send from our New York warehouse under 9 lbs. may be shipped using Smart Post. Please allow 7-10 days for delivery.
- FedEx Express Saver (3rd day delivery - not available in Hawaii or Alaska)
- FedEx 2 Day (2nd day delivery)
The Free Shipping on any order $99 or more is not available for Hawaii or Alaska Shipments. We cannot deliver to P.O Boxes or military APO/FPO addresses. Residential Ground deliveries are Tuesday through Saturday; Monday delivery requires Priority Service (FedEx Express Saver or FedEx 2nd Day). Commercial Ground and Express address deliveries are Monday through Friday. For more information on international shipments, please contact our customer care representatives at 1-877-745-3978.
Please allow 2 business days for your order to ship. Weekend orders will be shipped within 2 business days starting on the following Monday. If your order is placed over a holiday weekend, it will ship within 2 business days beginning the following working day.
After you complete your online order, you will receive an email confirmation within 24 hours. This confirmation contains the details of your order and includes an order number. If you have any questions about your order, please contact our customer care representatives at 1-877-745-3978 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and have your order number ready.
You will receive a follow-up email notifying you that your order has shipped, which contains the FedEx tracking number for your purchase. If you have any questions about your order, please contact our customer care representatives at 1-877-745-3978 or via email at email@example.com.
- What is the Briggs & Riley International shipping policy?
We are pleased to announce that Briggs & Riley can now be shipped to over 200 countries. We have partnered with Bongo International to service our international customers. Bongo International (in coordination with Briggs & Riley) is responsible for all billing, shipping, and customer service related to your international order. Here’s how to place an International Order:
- Select your items and add them to your shopping cart
- Once you select a country besides the United States on the Billing & Shipping step of the checkout process, you will receive a pop-up message notifying you that your current cart will transfer to Bongo International for checkout.
- Upon completion of your order, Bongo International will charge your credit card for the entire purchase, which includes all related taxes, tariff, duties, handling fees, etc. if applicable. Briggs and Riley is not responsible for payment of any related taxes, tariff, duties, handling fees etc
Please Note: Countries that do not accept pre-payment of duties/taxes may require them to be paid to courier upon delivery. Additional custom release procedures may be required.
For more information about a specific country’s custom requirements, please contact Bongo International directly at 203-683-4894, Monday – Friday from 9:00 am – 9 pm EST.
- Bongo International will process your order (including, billing, shipping, and customer service) and guarantee delivery.
Once your order is complete, all inquiries should be directed to Bongo International at: 203-683-4894, Monday – Friday from 9:00 am – 9 pm EST.
If you need assistance placing your international order or have any payment or shipping questions, please contact Bongo International at 203-683-4894, Monday – Friday from 9:00 am – 9 pm EST.
Please note that for international sales, all sales are considered final and no returns will be permitted.
- What is the Briggs & Riley return policy?
Standard Return Policy:
Due to our automated ordering and shipping processes, online transactions cannot be cancelled.
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase from Briggs & Riley Online, you may return any unused merchandise with the original hangtags attached, for a prompt refund within 30 days of receipt of the item.
The Customer is responsible for return shipping and insurance on returns, except when defective or miss-shipped products are sent. We recommend you insure the package and keep the shipping receipt on hand until credit is issued.
To Initiate the Return Process:
You must contact our customer care representatives at 1-877-745-3978 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The customer service department will provide you a return authorization number that must be included on the shipping label. Failure to receive or include the return authorization may delay your credit.
Please send the product in the original shipping box to:St. George Distribution Center
C/O Briggs & Riley
13300 Carmenita Road
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
Your credit card will be credited for the price of the bag and any taxes when we have received and processed your returned item. Please allow 7-10 business days for your return to be processed once received. Please note that credit card companies vary on the time it takes for credit to appear on their customer’s records. Please allow one to two billing cycles for the refund to appear on your statement.
All international orders are considered final. No returns will be permitted.
- Simple as that® guarantee
Our 'Simple as that' warranty will cover the repair of all functional aspects of your Briggs & Riley bag for life. We will continue to repair your bag even if you decide to purchase a new Briggs & Riley product with the latest performance innovations.
Naturally, our warranty does not cover cosmetic wear or cleaning due to odors or stains, nor does it cover the replacement of lost, stolen, or damaged bags and/or its content. If your bag or its contents are damaged by an airline and you wish to hold them responsible, we suggest that you file a claim with the carrier before leaving the airport.
If you choose not to do this and instead wish for us to repair your bag, we will be happy to do so at no charge. Due to the nature of certain types of repairs and normal wear and tear, it is not always possible to return your bag to its original condition.
- I lost my tavel accessory, how can I replace it?
- Briggs & Riley does not replace any lost or stolen items. However, you can purchase replacement accessories on our website. If you can't find the accessory that you are looking for, please contact our customer care representatives at 1-877-745-3978 or via email at email@example.com.
- Can I order parts to repair my bag?
Have a bag that needs a quick fix you could do yourself with the right parts and tools? With our self-repair kits you can avoid the time and hassle of shipping your bag to us. Simply choose the parts in need of repair and we'll promptly ship everything direct to you anywhere in the United States (including Alaska and Hawaii). Ground shipping is on us. You just pay a small $10.00 handling fee per kit. Fast, easy and convenient, that’s the Briggs & Riley way.
If you can’t find the Self-Repair Kit that you are looking for, please call our customer care representatives at 1-877-745-3978 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- How to Pack
Tip #1: Pack your clothing tightly without over-stuffing your suitcase. Tight packing means no loss of space and fewer wrinkles. There are three basic ways to pack efficiently:
- The Rolling Method: Roll clothing, especially garments like turtlenecks, pajamas, sweaters, slacks, etc. By wrapping a rubber band around each item, they stay rolled up.
- The Interweave Method: This works best with longer items such as dresses, pants, etc. Start with the longest items first, placing them in the bottom of the suitcase, with the ends hanging over the case. Then place smaller items on top of the longer ones. Finally, when the suitcase is filled, fold the hangover on top. This will prevent sharp creases on your long garments.
- The Bundling Method: Like the interweave method, bundling is accomplished by folding longer items around smaller items. However, bundling is done by outfit. In other words, if you plan to wear a particular shirt with a particular pair of pants, you bundle them together. Starting with socks and underwear, you then wrap the shirt and finally the pants. The advantage of this method is that each outfit is together and easily accessible. If you then put the complete bundle in a zip-lock bag and expel all of the air out of it, you have a fairly wrinkle free outfit at your fingertips. With longer garments, however, a garment bag or a suitcase with a suitor is best of all to prevent wrinkles.
Tip #2: Make use of dead space. Stuff underwear, socks, ties, scarves etc. into shoes. This not only saves space, but also keeps your shoes from being crushed.
Tip #3: Layering clothing with plastic dry cleaning bags or tissue paper helps to prevent wrinkles.
Tip #4: Don't bring full sized toiletries. Many drug stores carry sample size toothpaste, hair spray, shaving cream, etc. These take up a lot less space and are much lighter than their full-sized counterparts. Also available at drug stores are small plastic bottles and jars that can be inexpensively and ecologically refilled with your preferred toiletries.
Tip #5: Traveling with a friend or your family? Consider 'cross packing'. Pack essential items of each person in each other’s bags. That way, if a suitcase is lost, everyone will still be able to enjoy their trip until the bag is found.
Tip #6: Place jewelry, medicines, contact lenses, and other valuable or irreplaceable items in your carry-on. Also consider packing a change of socks and underwear in your carry-on (see Tip #5).
Tip #7: Unpack as soon as you arrive at your destination. Doing so will keep your clothes as wrinkle free as possible. Other packing tips
- Other Packing Tips
Tip #1: Although some airlines still allow you to check two bags per person plus allow you a carry-on, many airlines are now charging to check your bags. Always check with your airline for their regulations regarding the number and size of the bags you are required to carry. With this information you will be able to plan your wardrobe carefully.
Tip #2: Make a list of all the activities and events you plan to do and then make a list of the clothing you need to wear for those activities. Now go over the list and eliminate anything you really don't need.
Tip #3: The best way to plan your wardrobe is to mix and match basics, planning the wardrobe around one or two basic colors. For dress, men can pack two suits for an extended trip matching them up with different shirts and ties. A charcoal gray or tan suit will mix and match with just about any color. Women can mix and match the same way with black, gray, or tan jackets, skirts and pants. In either case, a change of tie or scarf with a different colored shirt will make another outfit.
Tip #4: Casual clothing depends upon where you are going. Do not assume that jeans are appropriate casual wear. In many countries, jeans are frowned upon. Khaki pants, however are usually acceptable. Additionally, jeans are heavier and bulkier than khakis. In many parts of the world, shorts are considered inappropriate as are any clothing that has a military look. It is better to err on the side of conservatism. When it comes to casual clothing, layering is a much better scheme than packing bulky, heavy clothing. Layering your clothes also gives you more opportunity to mix and match outfits. A turtleneck under a sports jacket will give a much different look than wearing it under a sweater. Always bring a bathing suit. You never know when a hotel will have a pool. For men, a conservative bathing suit can also do double-duty as a pair of shorts. For women, a bikini can do double duty as underwear. One warning, though: two-piece bathing suits may not be acceptable in all countries.
Tip #5: Knits and textured fabrics travel better than natural fabrics that have a tendency to wrinkle. Synthetics don't wrinkle as much but can be very uncomfortable in hot humid climates. A blend of natural and synthetics can be a good compromise. However, undergarments should be made of natural fabrics because they breathe easier. Also, you can bring fewer undergarments and wash them out at night. If you do opt for washing out your socks and underwear be aware that cotton takes a long time to dry. Try silk undergarments. Not only do they dry quickly, they breathe well and feel good against the skin.
Tip #6: Consider not bringing much clothing at all. Buying clothing at your destination can often be less expensive than buying it at home... unless you are staying in a resort area.
- How do I know if my bag is considered a carry-on bag?
Briggs & Riley takes special care to meet industry standards when making our products, such as adhering to linear totals and constructing the lightest bags possible. However, each airline has different requirements for what is considered a carry-on, and they reserve the right to modify their policies without notice. Briggs & Riley is not responsible if an airline does not accept your case as a carry-on. Additionally, air travelers should never assume that the aircraft they are flying on for a given flight will have sufficient storage onboard to accommodate all the carry-on bags passengers may want to take onboard. The rules for carry-ons are at the discretion of each airline and every gate crew. We continue to strongly recommend that passengers check with their respective airline to confirm that their case meets that airline’s carry-on regulations.