Briggs & Riley hardsided luggage is made from 100% virgin polycarbonate. Due to the nature of all polycarbonate cases, the bags will naturally receive surface scratches and scuffs during use. These marks are cosmetic and do not impede the functional aspects of the bag. Use these tips to keep your hardsided luggage in good condition.
HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR HARDSIDED LUGGAGE?
STORAGE AND USE?
- When your hardsided luggage is not in use we suggest you store it in the soft fabric bag provided.
- Be sure to pack your bag properly. Most repairs on polycarbonate cases are due to bags being over-packed or way under-packed.
- Don’t sit on your hardsided luggage while waiting in line. Hardsided cases are not designed to be a seat.
CLEANING AND CARE?
The polycarbonate exterior can be cleaned with a solution of mild soap and warm water, applied with a soft cloth or wash cloth.
FOR MILD SURFACE MARKS?
Some mild surface marks can be buffed out by using a car wax or car polish.
FOR SCUFF MARKS?
We recommend using car polish. Avoid chemical cleaners, as they will damage the clear-coat finish and leave a sticky residue. Apply the car polish to a soft cloth and gently rub the scuff mark. Remember to treat the scuffed area only, not the entire bag.
FOR THE INTERIOR?
Stuff happens. If you had a major spill of shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, etc., suction it up with a wet/dry vac. You may have to blot the spill with a bit of water to loosen residue as you vacuum. Repeat as needed to remove as much of the spillage as possible. Proactive tip: Next time, pack all liquids and spray cans/bottles in plastic zip-close bags.
HOW TO DISINFECT HANDLES AND BOTTOMS?
Wipe handles with a damp microfiber cloth, a disinfecting wipe or an all-purpose cleaner. If there are wheels, wipe them off, too. For bags without wheels, take care to wipe the bottom of the bag. It often ends up sitting directly on floors and picking up all sorts of germs.
HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR FABRIC LUGGAGE?
Ballistic nylon and nylon bags which are dirty and/or dusty can easily be cleaned with a soft, damp cloth. For stains we recommend using a mild laundry detergent and warm water. Adhesive lint brush rollers work great to remove lint, fuzz balls and dust as well.
HOW TO CLEAN MOLDED PLASTIC, HARD-SIDED OR SOFT VINYL?
Remove spots using a microfiber cloth and mild soap and water or, for stubborn stains, use a solution of all-purpose non-abrasive cleaner and water, mixed according to product directions. Rinse and dry. To add a layer of protection, apply a coat of silicone-based auto wax to hard-sided luggage or a coat of Armor All to soft vinyl or molded plastic. As always, check luggage manufacturer’s care guide for specific recommendations.
HOW SHOULD I CLEAN AND CARE FOR MY LEATHER BAGS?
For leather bags we recommend using leather conditioner to clean, protect, and polish the bag. You should never use any products containing bleach to clean your bag.
HOW TO SET YOUR PERSONAL COMBINATION DIAL ON YOUR SYMPATICO™ SPINNER?
All Sympatico Spinners come preset with the lock combination 0-0-0 on the Control Panel™. The zippers need to be unlocked to set the combination dial. To set your combination:
- Step 1: To unlock the zippers, make sure the combination reads “0-0-0,” then push the TSA access slider in the direction of the arrow. Both zipper pulls will pop open.
- Step 2: Using a pen, slide the switch (located to right of the combination dial) in the direction of the arrow and hold it in place.
- Step 3: While holding the switch, turn the combination dials to the numbers of your choice, then release the switch. Your personal combination is now set.
HOW TO SET YOUR PERSONAL COMBINATION DIAL ON YOUR TORQ™ SPINNERS?
All Torq Spinners come preset with the lock combination 0-0-0 on the Control Panel™. The zippers need to be unlocked to set the combination dial. To set your combination:
- Step 1: Make sure your bag is unlocked and the combination sliders are set to 0-0-0
- Step 2: Using a pen, push the small sliding button to the leftuntil it clicks into place. You may have to apply some force
- Step 3: Set the number dials to new desired combination
- Step 4:Using a pen, push the small sliding button back to the rightuntil it clicks into place
- Step 1:Make sure your bag is unlocked and the combination sliders are set to 0-0-0
- Step 2: Using a pen, push and hold the small sliding button to the left
- Step 3: While holding the sliding button to the left, set the dials to your new combination
HOW TO SET YOUR TSA COMBINATION LOCK (STYLES ACC-W14, ACC-W15)
- Step 1. Set dials to factory preset combination: 0-0-0.
- Step 2. Open the lock by pressing down on the rubber button on the side of the lock. The cable tip will be released.
- Step 3. With a pen, push the button located on the bottom of the lock. Hold it until completing the next step.
- Step 4. Set all three dials to your desired personal combination. Be sure to write down your combination for reference once set.
- Step 5. Release the bottom button and insert the cable tip into the hole.
This cable lock may be opened by Transportation Security Administration (TSA) agents utilizing a secured access device, independent from your personal combination.
WHAT MAKES A LAPTOP BAG OR SLEEVE CHECKPOINT FRIENDLY?
A laptop bag or laptop sleeve meets checkpoint friendly guidelines if the bag or sleeve provides a clear X-ray image of the laptop computer. In practice, this means that the X-ray image must be clear, without obstruction, from content like power cords or from the bag itself. The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) itself does not designate bags or sleeves as checkpoint friendly, and they reserve the right to request the laptop be removed from any bag at any point in time.
WHAT MAKES A LAPTOP BAG OR SLEEVE CHECKPOINT FRIENDLY?
Travel Sentry® is a leading independent testing and standards organization. The Travel Sentry® Red Diamond mark indicates that the SpeedThru™ laptop sleeve has undergone rigorous testing by Travel Sentry, and is Travel Sentry® approved as checkpoint friendly.
Briggs & Riley’s SpeedThru™ laptop sleeves are the first-ever Travel Sentry® Approved checkpoint friendly laptop sleeves. Used as directed, your laptop can remain in its sleeve during screening. However, screening officers, at their discretion, may request that your laptop be removed for inspection.
HOW DO I KNOW IF MY BAG IS CONSIDERED A CARRY-ON BAG?
Briggs & Riley takes special care to meet industry standards when making our products, such as adhering to linear totals and constructing the lightest bags possible. However, each airline has different requirements for what is considered a carry-on, and they reserve the right to modify their policies without notice. Briggs & Riley is not responsible if an airline does not accept your case as a carry-on. Additionally, air travelers should never assume that the aircraft they are flying on for a given flight will have sufficient storage onboard to accommodate all the carry-on bags passengers may want to take onboard. The rules for carry-ons are at the discretion of each airline and every gate crew. We continue to strongly recommend that passengers check with their respective airline to confirm that their case meets that airline’s carry-on regulations.
WHERE CAN I PURCHASE BRIGGS & RILEY PRODUCTS WITHIN THE UNITED STATES?
You can purchase Briggs & Riley products on our website for United States Orders. Simply click 'add to cart' on any product detail page you are viewing. Our products are also available at specialty luggage and select department stores.
Due to our automated ordering and shipping processes, online transactions cannot be cancelled.
WHERE CAN I PURCHASE BRIGGS & RILEY PRODUCTS INTERNATIONALLY?
You can purchase Briggs & Riley products through our partner Bongo International for International delivery. Simply click 'add to cart' on any product detail page you are viewing. Once you are in the shopping cart, you will have the option to choose International Delivery to be redirected to our partner Bongo International’s shopping cart. Bongo International is responsible for all billing, shipping, delivery, and customer service inquiries related to your international order. Please note that your order will arrive at a third party warehouse in California before heading to its final destination. You will see this address on confirmation emails, please do not be concerned.
Briggs-Riley.com only accepts credit cards issued by United States financial institutions, at this time. Our valued European customers who wish to ship their orders to the United States can complete their purchases through PayPal® at checkout or place orders with our United Kingdom office.
Unfortunately, our Rhapsody collection is not available for sale in any retail stores in Canada.
HOW CAN I PURCHASE LIMITED EDITION COLLECTIONS?
Briggs & Riley will occasionally offer special limited edition collections. As with all Briggs & Riley collections, these items are covered under our Simple As That® Guarantee. These exclusive collections are offered in limited quantities only, and will be unavailable for purchase once inventory levels are depleted.
HOW CAN I GET A PRODUCT MONOGRAMMED?
Complementary monogramming is offered on @work, Torq, Rhapsody, ZDX, select Delve, and handle wraps ordered on briggs-riley.com. Please allow 3-5 business days for production. For items not ordered on our website, please visit our find a retailer section, where you can locate a retailer near you that offers monogramming services. Please note, store policies vary and there may be a nominal fee for the bag to be monogrammed if the bag was not purchased at that particular retailer.
DOES BRIGGS & RILEY OFFER PRICING PROTECTION?
Briggs & Riley’s pricing policy for sale items is as follows: promotions are effective only within the dates specified. Price adjustments will not be made for purchases made prior to promotional events, nor will special pricing be offered after the event has ended. Briggs & Riley reserves the right to change pricing without notice at any time.
WHERE DOES BRIGGS & RILEY ONLINE CHARGE SALES TAX?
Briggs and Riley charges sales tax for shipments to the following states: CA, FL, GA, IL, NY, TX, WA, NC and MN. States have varying laws on the reporting of online purchases and the payment of use tax on those purchases. Please check your state’s regulation before you shop.
CALIFORNIA PROP 65?
Proposition (Prop 65) is a California law that requires the state to keep a list of chemicals that the state of California has identified may cause cancer or reproductive toxicity. If a product contains a chemical on the list, the state of California requires businesses doing business in the state of California to provide a "reasonable warning" before potentially exposing Californians to the chemicals. California requires all "persons in the course of doing business" whose products are sold in California to comply with Proposition 65, in addition to federal laws for product safety.
Through our manufacturing processes, there may be a trace amount of one of the 850+ chemicals on the California Prop 65 warning list. Rest assured, our parts and fabrics are made out of the most durable and safest materials in the Travelware industry, in full compliance with federal safety regulations, we are mandated by the State of California to have the Prop 65 warning label show on our bags. As a general safety rule, Briggs & Riley luggage or any part thereof should never be ingested in any way, shape or form.
DOMESTIC SHIPPING POLICY?
Briggs & Riley Travelware uses FedEx for the shipment of all online orders. We offer the following shipping services in the 48 continental states.
- FedEx Ground Service (shipments from California may take from 1 to 7 days, contingent on delivery address). Please be advised select items send from our New York warehouse under 9 lbs. may be shipped using Smart Post. Please allow 7-10 days for delivery.
- FedEx Express Saver (3rd day delivery - not available in Hawaii or Alaska)
- FedEx 2 Day (2nd day delivery)
The Free Shipping on any order $99 or more is only available for orders being shipped within the continental United States, and is not available for Hawaii or Alaska Shipments. We cannot deliver to P.O Boxes or military APO/FPO addresses. Residential Ground deliveries are Tuesday through Saturday; Monday delivery requires Priority Service (FedEx Express Saver or FedEx 2nd Day). Commercial Ground and Express address deliveries are Monday through Friday. For more information on international shipments, please contact our customer care representatives at 1-877-745-3978.
Please allow 2 business days for your order to ship. Weekend orders will be shipped within 2 business days starting on the following Monday. If your order is placed over a holiday weekend, it will ship within 2 business days beginning the following working day.
After you complete your online order, you will receive an email confirmation within 24 hours. This confirmation contains the details of your order and includes an order number. If you have any questions about your order, please contact our customer care representatives at 1-877-745-3978 or via email at email@example.com and have your order number ready.
INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING POLICY?
We are pleased to announce that Briggs & Riley can now be shipped to over 200 countries. We have partnered with Bongo International to service our international customers. Bongo International is responsible for all billing, shipping, delivery, and customer service inquiries related to your international order. Here’s how to place an International Order:
- Select your items and add them to your shopping cart
- In the shopping cart, select “International Shipping” to receive a pop-up message notifying you that your current cart will transfer to Bongo International for checkout. When you choose continue, you will be redirected to Bongo International’s shopping cart to complete your order.
- Upon completion of your order, Bongo International will charge your credit card for the entire purchase, which includes all related taxes, tariff, duties, conversion fees, handling fees, etc. if applicable. Briggs and Riley is not responsible for delivery or payment of any related taxes, tariff, duties, handling fees etc
Please Note: Countries that do not accept pre-payment of duties/taxes may require them to be paid to courier upon delivery. Additional custom release procedures may be required.
For more information about a specific country’s custom requirements, please contact Bongo International directly at 203-683-4894, Monday – Friday from 9:00 am – 9 pm EST.
- Bongo International will process your order (including, billing, shipping, and customer service) and guarantee delivery.
Once your order is complete, all inquiries should be directed to Bongo International at: 203-683-4894, Monday – Friday from 9:00 am – 9 pm EST.
If you need assistance placing your international order or have any payment or shipping questions, please contact Bongo International at 203-683-4894, Monday – Friday from 9:00 am – 9 pm EST.
Please note that for international sales, all sales are considered final and no returns will be permitted.
All international orders ship to a third party warehouse in California before heading to their final destination.
At this time we are NOT shipping to or accepting payment from the following countries: Canada, China, Colombia, Bahamas , Bermuda, Germany, Ireland, Jordan, Panama, Philippines, Taiwan, Turkey, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, St Maarten, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, Vietnam, Russia, Ukraine.
Search our Global Retail Locator to find a specialty store near you if you are looking to ship to a country listed above.
For Self-Repair Kits please contact our customer care representatives at 1-877-745-3978 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT IS THE BRIGGS & RILEY RETURN POLICY?
STANDARD RETURN POLICY
Due to our automated ordering and shipping processes, online transactions cannot be cancelled.
We are unable to offer returns for monogrammed products and JDRF donations.
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase from Briggs & Riley Online, you may return any unused merchandise with the original hangtags attached, for a prompt refund within 30 days of receipt of the item.
Return shipping is free.
All Travel Accessories must be in their original packaging with all items included in order to be applicable for return. Items received incomplete will not be given a refund.
TO INITIATE THE RETURN PROCESS
You must contact our customer care representatives at 1-877-745-3978 or email us at email@example.com. The customer service department will provide you a return authorization number and a shipping label.
Please send the product in the original shipping box to:St. George Distribution Center
C/O Briggs & Riley
13300 Carmenita Road
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
Your credit card will be credited for the price of the bag and any taxes when we have received and processed your returned item. Please allow 7-10 business days for your return to be processed once received. Please note that credit card companies vary on the time it takes for credit to appear on their customer’s records. Please allow one to two billing cycles for the refund to appear on your statement.
All international orders are considered final. No returns will be permitted.
SIMPLE AS THAT® GUARANTEE
Our 'Simple as that' warranty will cover the repair of all functional aspects of your Briggs & Riley bag for life. We will continue to repair your bag even if you decide to purchase a new Briggs & Riley product with the latest performance innovations.
Naturally, our warranty does not cover cosmetic wear or cleaning due to odors or stains, nor does it cover the replacement of lost, stolen, or damaged bags and/or its content. If your bag or its contents are damaged by an airline and you wish to hold them responsible, we suggest that you file a claim with the carrier before leaving the airport.
If you choose not to do this and instead wish for us to repair your bag, we will be happy to do so at no charge. Due to the nature of certain types of repairs and normal wear and tear, it is not always possible to return your bag to its original condition.
HOW DO I SHIP MY BAG TO YOU?
Briggs & Riley is pleased to introduce an even easier way to start your bag’s repair process. You now have the ability to purchase a shipping label directly from us. This FedEx label is offered at our special discounted rate to help you save on shipping costs. Just check the “Purchase a repair shipping label” box at the bottom of the "Submit a Repair" page. It’s as Simple as that®. Shipping labels are non-refundable.
I LOST MY TRAVEL ACCESSORY, HOW CAN I REPLACE IT?
CAN I ORDER PARTS TO REPAIR MY BAG?
Have a bag that needs a quick fix you could do yourself with the right parts and tools? With our self-repair kits you can avoid the time and hassle of shipping your bag to us. Simply choose the parts in need of repair and we'll promptly ship everything direct to you anywhere in the United States (including Alaska and Hawaii). Ground shipping is on us. You just pay a small $10.00 handling fee per kit. Fast, easy and convenient, that’s the Briggs & Riley way.
HOW DO I FIND MY STYLE NUMBER TO OBTAIN A REPAIR AUTHORIZATION?
Locate the inside tag of your bag, the style number will be listed there. If you cannot locate this tag, please enter '9' five times in the style number field.
HOW CAN I REPAIR MY ZIPPER PULLS?
In the unlikely event that you experience an issue with your Briggs & Riley zipper pulls, they are designed to be easily replaced. This can be done from the convenience of your home – no need to visit a repair shop for a solution! Please refer to our Self-Repair Kits page to order the appropriate zipper pull for your bag.
HOW TO PACK
Tip #1: Pack your clothing tightly without over-stuffing your suitcase. Tight packing means no loss of space and fewer wrinkles. There are three basic ways to pack efficiently:
- The Rolling Method: Roll clothing, especially garments like turtlenecks, pajamas, sweaters, slacks, etc. By wrapping a rubber band around each item, they stay rolled up.
- The Interweave Method: This works best with longer items such as dresses, pants, etc. Start with the longest items first, placing them in the bottom of the suitcase, with the ends hanging over the case. Then place smaller items on top of the longer ones. Finally, when the suitcase is filled, fold the hangover on top. This will prevent sharp creases on your long garments.
- The Bundling Method: Like the interweave method, bundling is accomplished by folding longer items around smaller items. However, bundling is done by outfit. In other words, if you plan to wear a particular shirt with a particular pair of pants, you bundle them together. Starting with socks and underwear, you then wrap the shirt and finally the pants. The advantage of this method is that each outfit is together and easily accessible. If you then put the complete bundle in a zip-lock bag and expel all of the air out of it, you have a fairly wrinkle free outfit at your fingertips. With longer garments, however, a garment bag or a suitcase with a suitor is best of all to prevent wrinkles.
Tip #2: Make use of dead space. Stuff underwear, socks, ties, scarves etc. into shoes. This not only saves space, but also keeps your shoes from being crushed.
Tip #3: Layering clothing with plastic dry cleaning bags or tissue paper helps to prevent wrinkles.
Tip #4: Don't bring full sized toiletries. Many drug stores carry sample size toothpaste, hair spray, shaving cream, etc. These take up a lot less space and are much lighter than their full-sized counterparts. Also available at drug stores are small plastic bottles and jars that can be inexpensively and ecologically refilled with your preferred toiletries.
Tip #5: Traveling with a friend or your family? Consider 'cross packing'. Pack essential items of each person in each other’s bags. That way, if a suitcase is lost, everyone will still be able to enjoy their trip until the bag is found.
Tip #6: Place jewelry, medicines, contact lenses, and other valuable or irreplaceable items in your carry-on. Also consider packing a change of socks and underwear in your carry-on (see Tip #5).
Tip #7: Unpack as soon as you arrive at your destination. Doing so will keep your clothes as wrinkle free as possible. Other packing tips
OTHER PACKING TIPS
- Tip #1:
- Although some airlines still allow you to check two bags per person plus allow you a carry-on, many airlines are now charging to check your bags. Always check with your airline for their regulations regarding the number and size of the bags you are required to carry. With this information you will be able to plan your wardrobe carefully.
- Tip #2:
- Make a list of all the activities and events you plan to do and then make a list of the clothing you need to wear for those activities. Now go over the list and eliminate anything you really don't need.
- Tip #3:
- The best way to plan your wardrobe is to mix and match basics, planning the wardrobe around one or two basic colors. For dress, men can pack two suits for an extended trip matching them up with different shirts and ties. A charcoal gray or tan suit will mix and match with just about any color. Women can mix and match the same way with black, gray, or tan jackets, skirts and pants. In either case, a change of tie or scarf with a different colored shirt will make another outfit.
- Tip #4:
- Casual clothing depends upon where you are going. Do not assume that jeans are appropriate casual wear. In many countries, jeans are frowned upon. Khaki pants, however are usually acceptable. Additionally, jeans are heavier and bulkier than khakis. In many parts of the world, shorts are considered inappropriate as are any clothing that has a military look. It is better to err on the side of conservatism. When it comes to casual clothing, layering is a much better scheme than packing bulky, heavy clothing. Layering your clothes also gives you more opportunity to mix and match outfits. A turtleneck under a sports jacket will give a much different look than wearing it under a sweater. Always bring a bathing suit. You never know when a hotel will have a pool. For men, a conservative bathing suit can also do double-duty as a pair of shorts. For women, a bikini can do double duty as underwear. One warning, though: two-piece bathing suits may not be acceptable in all countries.
- Tip #5:
- Knits and textured fabrics travel better than natural fabrics that have a tendency to wrinkle. Synthetics don't wrinkle as much but can be very uncomfortable in hot humid climates. A blend of natural and synthetics can be a good compromise. However, undergarments should be made of natural fabrics because they breathe easier. Also, you can bring fewer undergarments and wash them out at night. If you do opt for washing out your socks and underwear be aware that cotton takes a long time to dry. Try silk undergarments. Not only do they dry quickly, they breathe well and feel good against the skin.
- Tip #6:
- Consider not bringing much clothing at all. Buying clothing at your destination can often be less expensive than buying it at home... unless you are staying in a resort area.