- Built-in tri-fold garment folder for 1-2 suits has a foam roll bar to prevent wrinkling
- Cinch-down mesh garment panels keep contents from shifting and minimize wrinkling
- Aircraft-grade aluminum handle system with 3 stop heights
- Ballistic nylon outer fabric resists wear, moisture, dirt and abrasion.
- Cushioned top carry handle for smooth handling
- HideAway™ ID tag conceals personal information
- Hybrid fiberglass frame is lightweight and provides flexibility, durability and shape retention
- Integrated bottom fabric handle for easy lifting
- Large u-zip front pocket for hassle-free access to extra items
- Low profile wheels and feet fit most overhead compartments
- Outsider® handle provides greater interior capacity and a flat interior surface for packing so clothing arrives wrinkle-free
- Outsider® pocket for convenient storage of quick-access items
- Reinforced, low profile protective corner guards on all 4 corners
- Retractable low profile side carry handle
- Self-repairing YKK zippers for smooth zipper action with lockable double zipper pulls
- SpeedThru™ pocket for storage of items at security checkpoints
- Streamlined wedged feet deflect impacts
- V-groove handle tubes are stronger and guarantee less jamming
|Zipper||Our bags feature self-repairing, durable YKK® Racquet Coil™ zippers. Ergonomic zipper pulls. Lockable main compartment zipper pulls.|
|Fabric||2520D ballistic nylon outer fabric is abrasion resistant, water repellent, color fast and self healing. Soft, durable twill lining is light-colored to easily locate packed items|
|Capacity||2722.5 cu. in. / 44.6 liters|
|Case Dimensions||20 x 15 x 8 in. / 51 x 38 x 20.5 cm|
|Outside Expanded Depth||11.5 in. / 29 cm|
Great bag but too heavy
Great bag, very spacious and extremely durable. The garment folder is excellent and works well. Really pleased with it. Only drawback is that it is too heavy at 4.2kg when travelling in Europe where some airlines have a 8kg or 10kg limit for hand luggage. If the suitcase already accounts for half of it then you can't really pack that many things...
By Andy, on 1/21/2016
We used this bag for the first time on a trip to LA. Someone along the way must have dragged the suitcase on a concrete floor when it probably caught a nail. A brand new suitcase was ruined. We brought the suitcase in to the Long Island office and thought it would be repaired. To our surprise, they sent us a brand new suitcase! Briggs & Riley really stands by their products & claims. You can't buy a better suitcase & you can't do business with better people. Don't even think about buying another brand. Quality products/Quality People.
By Ken, on 9/10/2015
I was contemplating a new cabin bag for a long time and my heart was set on a TUMI but a friend had mentioned B&R as well. I finally found a store that sold both and I was very quickly convinced that this was the cabin bag for me - I compared it to the TUMI and found it was more spacious, lighter and significantly cheaper - without sacrificing on quality at all - in fact this is a excellent product. I never check bags and wanted something that I could use for a weekend or two week trip - you can really get loads in here! Don't hesitate.....BUY this now - I absolutely love it.
By Love travel, on 7/24/2015
it's a winner
Yes, it is heavy but that seems unavoidable to get a bag that will stand up to punishment of travel. I took this little guy on a 5-city trip and was delighted with its ease in steering, ability to go many city blocks without snags or stalling. The outside-mounted handle snagged once while putting into an overhead rack on Swiss train, otherwise presented no problems and the design advantage is clear. Segregating laundry (bagged) from clean clothing is very easy with all the dividers. I only have small reservation about the expansion rachet system being plastic rather than aluminum.
By LDWG , on 4/20/2015
May be too wide for domestic
United, Delta, and other major carriers tightened carry-on baggage limits in the summer 2014. Now it's not just linear inches but they specify a maximum size of 22. X 14 x 9. I know of bags being rejected because they were too wide in the new fit boxes and stuck out over the top. Many older bags are 15 or 15.5 inches wide. It may take a while for the luggage industry to reconfigure bags for the new rules.
By Rosie , on 4/20/2015
Business or Pleasure Outstanding
Purchased as gift for friend. I have used mine for years of business travel and vacations. BEST air travel bag I have ever seen. I worked for an airline for 34 years as manager on the ramp and customer service. I've seen the rest, and Briggs-Riley IS the best. Check out what the Pilots and Flight Attendants are using.
By Retired Air Line Manager , on 4/20/2015
After significant travel/luggage experience we recommend B&R. This is our 4th B&R luggage piece- the first purchased in 1998 is still in great condition. Frequent travels of 2 weeks every month to Europe with this Baseline bag over 14 months is a testament to quality and function. This carry-on has been a lifesaver and has fit in overhead storage on every flight. It maneuvers well and has a super capacity to fit suits, shirts, casuals, size 13 shoes and toiletries! Congratulations on a well-made, durable unit.
By Traveller, on 4/20/2015
This is my favorite piece of luggage to use when I only want to travel with a carry-on. The CX Expansion Compression technology allows me to pack a lot more than I would normally be able to in any other bag. Plus, it's so light weight and easy to carry.
By Trendy Traveler , on 4/8/2015