Picture this. You’re en route to your next business meeting or formal event and you arrive at your hotel only to find that your suit is completely crumpled inside your bag. You’re on a tight schedule, so you certainly don’t have time to take it for dry cleaning. The little time you do have should be spent rehearsing your presentation or hitting cocktail hour, not ironing the wrinkles out of your suit. Luckily, this scenario is completely preventable. Following these simple packing tips will allow you to go seamlessly from carry-on to buttoned-up without missing a beat:
- When it comes to choosing a bag, look no further than our Baseline Domestic Carry-on Spinner. This stylist solution for traveling with business or formal attire will not only allow you to skip the garment bag (and the iron), but you’ll also be able to breeze past baggage claim upon arrival.
- Make those extra dry cleaning plastic bags perform double duty. Stuff them into the sleeves and place them between items to keep the fabric from rubbing. Voila! Unwrinkled upon arrival. And here’s a little-known secret: there’s no need to keep your suit separate from your shirt and tie. Packing them together means that your shirt will also come out wrinkle free.
- If you’re packing multiple pairs of pants, try the weaving method. Alternate pairs as you pack and fold the pant legs over each other as if you’re weaving them together. You’ll be able to fit more into your carry-on and ensure that everything stays wrinkle free. That’s two perks for the price of one!
- When it comes to hangers, be sure to use wire hangers. instead of a standard hanger. Not only are they thinner, but they’ll also make for an easier fit inside a carry-on. We know that packing room is precious, so this is a major plus.
- And finally, so that your suit doesn’t get creased under the pressure of everything else you’ve packed, make sure it’s the last thing you pack and first thing you unpack.